Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Ethics and safety

Ethics and safety were heavily focused upon this week. It is vital that teachers and learners are aware 0f the potential dangers and liabilities surrounding internet use. Teachers must ensure that the strict policies concerning use of ICT's are adhered to at all times in order to avoid potentially devastating repercussions. Teachers must also ensure that their learners follow all relevant policies and procedures and understand terms and conditions of internet use. Privacy must remain ever-present in the teachers mind when using and/or asking students to use ICT's.

2 comments:

  1. Nina - I agree with your comments about ethics and safety - particularly in the context of us immigrants and the natives we are teaching. The scope for bullying issues is huge! I am very excited about all the new ideas for learning - but a bit anxious that I really have no concept of how wrong it could go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, I think my biggest worry about being a digital immigrant is that I am particularly naive when it comes to inadvertent digital theft. Prior to commencing this course it had not occurred to me that by simply using a downloaded image I could actually be stealing! We are all very aware of plagiarism but I wonder how many of us immigrants are aware of the true scope of digital intellectual theft.

    ReplyDelete